My Life as a New Vegan and everyday questions

Monday, January 14, 2008

Day 3-Vegan Editing my other Love, photography

I researched it....looked high and low for the alternatives to photo processing methods which involve Alubumin (Eggs) and Geletan (Animal..parts). What did I find ? Digital, that is it. The days of sitting in a darkroom rolling film when I got angry is falling by the wayside and I am cool with that. People swear"But digital is cheating" if only they knew the amount of processing and handiwork that goes into "editing" 35mm . It takes about the same length of time as a digital image and the results are the same. In the lab the photographer was able to "Dodge and Burn" using techniques of exposure....same thing with Photoshop.

Maybe to make it authentic I should put my computer into an otherwise 99 percent dark room and edit away with only the aid (and focus) of the computer light. I must also calibrate my baby...a massive size HP printer I got myself for Christmas (I gave myself alot of photo stuff this year)

Also, I cleaned out my medicine cabinet as well. No more Unilever, 'cause they test on animals. I am now only using Avon and other products because the DO NOT test on Animals. Avon rocks, not only are their prices right and makeup great..they are very animal friendly. My Avon rep? Someone I know in my Loom Knitting Group....great person. I'll call her Loomie Julie, and her Avon website is:

www.youravon.com/jgagnon

She definitely hooked THIS Vegan girl up..can't wait to get the stuff....

It makes it easier for my 30 day Vegan Pledge

Til then!

No comments: